Mr John Ruddleston – FMM, MNucl, MRAeS, MIET
FMM: Fellowship in Manufacturing Management
MNucl: Member of the Nuclear Institute
MRAeS: Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society
MIET: Member of Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Marine Engineer
- Aerospace, Space and Defence Engineer
- Nuclear Manufacturing Technical Advisor
- Nuclear Advisor for the Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS)
- Fit for nuclear (F4N) Lead Assessor (Nuclear AMRC)
- Nuclear Supply Chain Engagement Specialist (UK Government)
- Innovate UK advisor (KTN)
I led on securing commercial contracts for the UK supply chain in the nuclear new build and decommissioning sector. Winning work for the supply chain by helping them to know what work was available from Tier 1 and 2 suppliers, what pre-qualification requirements would be needed, assistance in tendering and assistance in ensuring the supply chain firms could deliver to time, budget and quality.
This work supported the Government Department Business Innovation & Skills (BIS) and UKTI on the Government Supply Chain Optimisation Strategy (SCOS). This was a strategic approach, sponsored by UK Government, for taking action to support the development of the UK supply chain in winning and delivering work in the UK nuclear industry.